TOTNES GREEN TRAVEL CO-ORDINATOR
Salary Details: £13.42 to £14.24 per hour.
Job Term: Fixed Term until 31st March 2022 based on confirmed external funding
Hours: Part Time 15 hours per week, Monday & Tuesday, 8.30am – 4.30pm (1/2 hr lunch break)
Location: Totnes Town Centre
Organisation: Totnes Town Council
Closing Date: Monday 5th October at 9am.
Interview Date: Monday 12th October 2020.
Totnes Town Council has a vacancy for a part time Green Travel Co-ordinator. Hours are 15 hours per week worked over two days, Monday & Tuesday, 8.30am – 4.30pm, but some flexibility will be required. Additional hours may be necessary including some evenings and weekends, as required by the activities of the Town Council. The job will be based in a town centre location.
This exciting new opportunity has arisen to help deliver the Green Travel Strategy for Totnes. We have created a new role and are looking for an individual who can demonstrate an understanding of the issues around green travel and the links with the climate and ecological emergency. You should be highly motivated to help shape the future of our Town through engaging with internal stakeholders, partners, residents, businesses and the wider community to influence positive environmental action and behaviour.
You should have:
- A knowledge of green travel strategies and climate change issues;
- Strong project management and effective communication skills;
- A collaborative approach to working across a range of service areas;
- Direct experience of working on environmental projects/programmes;
- Experience of developing strategies, action plans, setting and monitoring targets;
You will be a confident self-starter and an experienced relationship builder. Confident in communicating with people across all levels and able to work on own initiative, organising and prioritising own workload to set deadlines.
- Enthusiasm, an open-minded approach, and the ability to overcome problems and identify practical solutions.
Please send a completed application form and application monitoring form to Catherine, Town Clerk at email@example.com.
Job Description - Green Travel Co-ordinator
Application Form - Green Travel Co-ordinator and Application Monitoring Form - Green Travel Co-ordinator